PLEASE NOTE THIS MACHINE HAS BEEN SOLD
This plant is designed to process 4-6,000 tons per day
to recover gold and silver in 4 basic stages:
- Gold and silver recovery
- Tailings treatment
Stage 1: Size Reduction
Ore is received from the mine by conveyor, and fed by
an apron feeder into a Nordberg C125 jaw crusher.
Crushed ore is fed to a Hardinge SAG mill by two feed
A Traylor bal mill receives ore from the SAG mill.
Pulp from the SAG and ball mills is fed to a cyclone
bank, aided by Warman pumps.
A Falcon SB2500 captures free gold from the pulp.
Reagents are added to dissolve remaining gold and
silver for recovery.
Stage 2: Leaching
An Outotech thickener is used to produce gold and
Leaching tanks with cyanide dissolve gold and silver.
CCD recovery of gold and silver takes place at this
stage, aided by five Outotech thickeners.
Stage 3: Gold and Silver Recovery
Three Whittier pressure filters with diatomaceous
Earth are used as filtering media to deaerate and
reduce oxygen in the ore.
Pumping and precipitation accessories re included with
these items. Gold and silver are removed from solution
by three plate thickeners with that employ diatomaceous
earth and zinc-impregnated
powder. Two Summit Valley ovens are used to eliminate
mercury from the precipitates.
Two Morganite overs with silicon carbide crucibles
are used to cast gold ingots.
Stage 4: Tailings Treatment
Two agitator tanks with Atlas Copco air blowers are
used to treat tailings, and employ sodium metabisulfate
and copper sulfate as reagents.
Eight Metso 2040-54 VPA filters, 8 air compressors, a
24 meter Outotech paste thickener, and two slurry
storage tanks allow 40% of the tailings to be
Conveyors can carry tailings to a curing house
to be dried and treated before final disposal.
Water recovered from the presses is used in the
plant, and is pumped by six pumps through a cyanide
neutralization tank, before re-incorporation
into the plant, or disposal into a waste water pond.
A precipitation process is used for water, and employs
barium carbonate and calcium hypochlorite to eliminate
sulfur and ammonia. A coagulation process removes
ferric sulfate and the water is then flocculated to
increase its clarity.
Merrill Crowe System
- Three Whittier Pressure Leaf Filter Clarifiers,
174.6 m2 each.
- Two Goulds Precipitator Feed Pump 8 x 10 x 16
- Three J-Press Precipitator Filter Presses with
Recessed Plate Filters, 186 m2 Each.
- Two Summit Valley Mercury Retort Dryers
- Two Atlas Copco Neutralization Blower
- Four Atlas Copco Process Air Compressors
- Two 69000 Volt GE Transformers
Metso Filter Plant for Dry Stack Tailings:
- Automated Controls with Control Room or Manual
Controls at Machine
- Outotec 24m Dia Paste Thickener mechanism
- Two Filter Feed Tanks with Lightnin Mixers
- Two Weir (Warman) Thickener Pumps
- Eight Metso VPA 240-54 Pressure Filters
- Two Weir (Warman) 6/4 FHH Primary Filter Feed Pumps
- Sixteen Weir (Warman) CCAH 3 x 2 Secondary Filter
- Two Tipic 12m Dia. X 13m High Filter Feed Tanks with
- Two Conveyor Engineering 900mm Wide Filtered Material
- Three Atlas Copco Compressors